Through the years, we’ve bought A LOT of toys! Some good, some garbage. Toddlers are so easy to buy for because they’re pretty much happy with anything…or at least they are when it’s new. We have put together a gift guide for toddler boys that will last a long time and get played with over and over again. And don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this post to print off a free Christmas Wish List to help you organize your holiday shopping this year.
- LAKESHORE MAGNETIC FISHING SET: This toy is not only great for hand-eye coordination but you can add colors, shapes or letters on the bottom to turn it into a fun educational activity.
- TRAINS: Thomas the Train is a classic that has proven to last the ages. They are very well built as well and are definitely toys that could pass down the generations.
- TRAIN TRACKS: There’s a reason why almost every library has a train table in their children’s area. Part of the fun with trains is building huge, winding tracks and to be honest, the off-brand tracks work just as well as the name brand but you get a billion more.
- PLAYMOBIL 123: We put another train track set because this one has been a favorite among our kids, neices, nephews and neighbor kids. Any of the Playmobil 123 sets are great gifts though. If you haven’t heard of Playmobil, you’re missing out! These are German made toys and you can tell. The quality is top notch and they are indestructible (kind of). No really, our kids throw them, put them in water and bite them and they still look new! Just don’t take them outside because the rough cement and gravel will mark them up.
- STOMP ROCKET: So much fun and gets their energy out!
- SCHLEICH DINOSAURS: This is another trusted brand for great quality and superb detail. Just like Playmobil, they come from Germany. Schleich makes the figures look as realistic as possible, which is exactly what toddler boys love. Dinosaurs have been a recurring obsession amongst all the toddler boys in our families and we’re sure your little one will be the same. Grab this T-Rex and this Triceratops and you won’t be disappointed.
- BUILDING BLOCKS: We love this set from Melissa and Doug. These get played with all the time with the Playmobil and Lego toys.
- TRICYCLE: We suggest this Radio Flyer one. It’s sturdy and the removable handle is extremely helpful when you’re going on long walks.
- PUZZLES: Our toddlers love the chunky puzzles from Melissa and Doug.
- LEGO DUPLO: You can’t go wrong with Lego. And yup, they’ve got a dinosaur set!
- CAR RAMP/GARAGE: This is the toy that all the little boys in our church nursery hover around. What we love about this KidKraft Ramp is that multiple cars can go down the ramp at the same time, making some super fun races. This specific ramp/garage is like the boy version of a dollhouse. Classic and a must for all those little car-loving boys.
- SCHLEICH SHARKS: Thats a tongue twister. Again, these figurines are such great quality and super realistic. We got this set and of course this hammerhead.
- WE FORGOT TO ADD BOOKS: So we’ll do it now. Here are ones that our toddler boys loved.
- any of the Poke A Dot books
- any of the Leslie Patricelli; we particularly love Quiet Loud, Yummy Yucky and No No Yes Yes
- Little Dinos books are so fun, get them all!
- No David books are fabulous as well
Download the free printable Christmas Wish List below to help get all your holiday shopping organized and done!
Much love and aloha,
Stacey + Niki
Check out our other gift guides: